WHAT IS COVID-19?
COVID-19 (coronavirus) is an illness caused by a virus that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID–19 is a new coronavirus that has spread throughout the world. COVID-19 symptoms can range from mild (or no symptoms) to severe.
Who is considered high- risk for contracting COVID-19?
People with chronic or underlying health conditions are more likely to become very sick from COVID-19. Those who have one or more of these conditions should be extra careful:
- Moderate to severe asthma or chronic lung disease
- Heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- Autoimmune disease
- Weakened immune system because of smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, cancer treatment, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, or prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
- Severe obesity
WHAT ARE THE SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. Patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Difficulty breathing
If you’re experiencing any signs and symptoms of coronavirus , please contact your physician or schedule your COVID-19 test with us
Protect Yourself from COVID-19
- Schedule your vaccination appointment
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands
- Wear a face mask in public
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover coughs & sneezes